Submissions are Currently Closed
- Submission fees are $6 per submission
- Please be sure you have carefully read our submission guidelines
- You are welcome to submit multiple scripts
- You may submit scripts that have been previously submitted if they have since been revised
- We are happy to accept submissions that are being shopped elsewhere, but we ask that you contact us if your script is selected for another workshop, a staged reading, or production.
The Bechdel Boost!
We offer individualized feedback at three levels.
Level One: $40
This includes your submission fee plus a Boost covering (up to) the first 30 pages (scripts) or TV Pilot/first half hour (screenplays)
Level Two: $80
This includes your submission fee plus a Boost covering (up to) the first 60 pages (scripts) or short narrative up to an hour (screenplays)
Level Three: $100
This includes your submission fee plus a Boost overing (up to) the first 100 pages (scripts) or full feature (screenplays)
Click here for more details.
Why are we asking for a submission fee?
Our readings and events have always been free. This is something that is important to us. While our overhead is low, we have monthly expenses for readings and remain committed to paying the actors and directors who participate in our yearly rehearsed and staged events. A small submission fee will enable us to continue to do this work. In addition, it will enable us to give back to the Tank, the amazing performance space who sponsors our work.
We are proud that our playwrights are such a diverse group, and that first-time playwrights and students have been featured alongside career playwrights. We hope this new process is able to keep our work afloat without being prohibitive.
Please note: we accept scripts in .pdf form *only.* If you submit a .doc, .docx, or other format, your script will not be read and your fee will be forfeit.