Part of what we (and our writers) love about the workshop series is the specific feedback gathered from the post-reading discussions.
We get many requests for dramaturgical assistance, and have been discussing ways to provide feedback to more writers.
And so we’re piloting BECHDEL BOOST - a dramaturgical program for writers interested in personalized, Bechdel Group specific feedback on their script.
We’re trying out this program during this current round of submissions (May 12th - June 19th) to get a feel for both interest and company impact. We plan to keep our Boost option open for the entirety of the submission process, but will end the boost early if demand is high enough that we fear we will compromise the quality of our feedback.
Your very special first-time pilot price for a submission with a Boost is $35.
Where does this money go?
$15 goes to company expenses (printing, website fees, staged readings, etc.)
$20 goes directly to the dramaturg.
- Your dramaturg will read your script. All of it.
- After reading, your dramaturg will spend an average of an hour considering and summarizing thoughts and feedback.
- Your dramaturg will consolidate that feedback concisely and clearly into roughly one page.
- (How did we come up with these numbers? We looked over the notes from our workshop feedback discussions and went through this process on each others’ scripts to get a feel for time, length, and usefulness to ourselves as writers. We want to provide the kind of feedback that can move forward that isn’t overwhelming. )
What kind of feedback will I get?
Your feedback will include:
- Thoughts on the overall arc/structure of your script
- Thoughts on the overall dialogue
- Comments on character development and effectiveness
- Comments specific to our mission
- Comments responding to a question posed by the playwright
Selecting a Boost (or not) has no impact on the workshop inclusion decision.
We will be sending out feedback shortly after the close of our submission process.
We’re excited to work more closely with a larger playwriting community, and looking forward to connecting with you.